Friday, June 10, 2011

Dark Friday: Vampire Movie Trivia



-Colin Farrell was offered the role of Hannibal King in Blade: Trinity, but he turned it down (thank goodness, I love me some Ryan Reynolds).

- In the beginning of the book version of Interview with a Vampire, Louis is depressed because he feels guilty about the death of his brother. But in the movie, it’s because he had a wife and child that died. In fact, he never had a wife in the book.

- In the 2004 movie, Van Helsing, the place where Van Helsing and Anna fight Dracula's three wives is the same place where they filmed the classics, Frankenstein (1931), Dracula (1931) and The Wolf Man (1941). The location is called the Court of Miracles.

- While filming the scene in Underworld: Evolution where Selene and Michael look at each other longingly, director Len Wiseman surprised the cast and crew by playing Bryan Adams' song "Everything I Do (I Do It For You)", which made everyone bust out laughing

- The symbol on the necklace that Daniel Baldwin’s character wears in John Carpenter’s Vampires is the Nordic rune meaning "Protector.”

- Bela Lugosi earned $4,000 for his participation in publicity photos for Dracula’s Daughter, even though he doesn’t appear in the film.

- Stephenie Meyer, the author of the Twilight books, made a cameo in the first movie. You can see her next to a laptop ordering a vegetarian sandwich in the diner at the beginning of the scene where Charlie asks Bella if she likes any of the boys in town.

- The makers of Daybreakers hosted a contest on Worth1000.com (popular photo manipulation site) to come up with images of how the world would look if nearly everyone were a vampire.

7 comments:

  1. Very cool about the Court of Miracles. Lots of great info! Thanks

    Oooh... I agree, Ryan Reynolds is Yum-a-licious, and he looks darn good in that pic! ~wink~

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! He's the sexiest man alive. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan Reynolds is sexier than hell in that pic! I have to say I really got into Blade. It's been a long while since I've seen it, though.

    Vamp fascinating info!

    "how the world would look if nearly everyone were a vampire." Now, that would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Savanna, Have you seen Daybreakers? It's pretty cool and in that world, nearly everyone IS a vampire.

    And Ryan...well, he and I have an understanding. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I haven't seen it. I probably should. I've been out of the world of movie watching for awhile because my circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw it on television not too long ago. Like maybe, FX or something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, it'd be nice to have FX, and some of the other good channels. Where I am, the trees are in the way of satellite TV, and the stupid digital transmission of signals. I wasn't happy with that switch. The analogue worked just fine.

    One of these days, I'll catch up. ~smiles~

    ReplyDelete